Our coffee is packed immediately after roasting the freshest coffee possible. The special one-way valve on all bags gives the ability to release natural gases that are produced after roasting. So this will give your coffee the ability to stay fresh for at least 5 months in an unopened bag.
Once your Island Time Coffee has been opened, your fresh coffee should be consumed within a week for optimal taste and freshness.
The natural things that could destroy your coffee are the elements moisture, heat and air, so you always should store your Island Time Coffee in an airtight container in a dry and cool place but not in a freezer or refrigerator.
To ensure that you’ll always enjoy a delicious cup of Island Time Coffee:
- Brew using the drip method.
- Use only cold, fresh water, drawn from the tap or filtered even water from the bottle.
- Measure one rounded tablespoon (7G's) of freshly ground Island Time Coffee per 6 ounces of water, although the exact amount of coffee will vary to your personal taste buds.
- Never reheat your coffee in a microwave, or on the stove (yes this has happened)
- *Do not boil your coffee* (I have done this for years until I learned better) This will destroy the flavor, resulting in a bitter taste.
When you brew your coffee using a pour-over method, French Press, Areo Press ETC. (Which by the way, these are all coming to Islandtimecoffee.com) You will get a different taste, taste that will actually set your taste bud's on fire. More to come in future blog post.
Living the Dream, One Cup at a Time.